When it comes to booking clients quickly and consistently, it can sometimes feel like a losing battle. But, what if I told you that there was a little secret to getting clients to move quickly with your services that you might not know about.
Have you ever heard of something called the excitement curve?
The excitement curve is basically the idea that when someone inquires with you and your services they’re at their peak excitement! This is great and you want to take advantage of that because when someone is at their peak excitement, they are far more likely to move faster and make decisions without over-thinking.
Sadly though, most photographers don’t take advantage of this amazing opportunity. A lot of times we drag our feet a little bit too much, or leave our client in a little bit too much control of how quickly they move within the booking process of our business.
For example – you wait the full 24 hours to respond back to an inquiry during regular working hours.
Or, you set consultations out 5 or 6 days in advance.
The problem with this is that by the time you get back to their inquiry or arrive to a consultation, you have not only allowed their excitement to drop but you have also given them more time to research other options and allow someone else a window to sneak in and excite your potential clients about their service instead.
Once your excitement has dropped, you now have to rebuild that excitement during your consultation. There are two problems with that –
- More than likely someone will never be as excited the second time as they are the first time – and if you do manage to pull that off, you had to work really hard to make it happen.
- Now when you show up to a consultation, you have to actually sell harder than you would have had to if they were already still excited about your services. You have now flipped the script from having to support them and their decision, to now getting them re-excited and trying to sell them on why they should hire you. One is obviously much easier than the other, and I think you know which one it is.
This is one of the reasons why I am able to close the majority of inquiries within 3 days, and why the majority of my students see the same results. It is because this window of excitement is a huge key to success when it comes to booking clients quickly.
- The faster you can respond and set up a call, the better your chances are ( and I am NOT saying work crazy hours or live in your inbox. Just be aware of this during normal business hours )
- Try to avoid consultations more than 3 days out
- Remember – decisions are easier to make when excited! We need to play off of their excitement from the moment they inquire!