This is where so many photographers get stuck, and I get it. What can you send your newsletter every month or week that doesn’t apply to promoting your services 24/7?
Just because you are a photographer does NOT mean you can only email about photography-related information or your business! ( If we were in person, I would repeat that about 5 more times! ) While yes, you do want to make sure you email topics are relevant, you don’t need to email about YOUR business every time! Let’s talk more about what you can send in your email newsletter.
Here are some ideas you can use right now for an email list newsletter!
As a photographer-
- Monthly round-up! Highlight the things that happened this month that they may have missed, and what is coming up that they might want in on!
- Talk about how clients can make sure their images are safe and protected
- Talk about ideas for creating a yearly photo album
- Talk about how to use their professional images besides just viewing them online or sharing them on social
- Give them tips for taking better personal photos with their phones
- Give them a lightroom mobile preset with a tutorial on how to use it
- Offer a print sale or flash sale
- Give them a BTS of your business
- Your favorite way to organize/ backup your phone images
- Tell them why you are passionate about your business
- Tell them simple tips to capturing photos of everyday life ( or vacations over the summer )
- Offer gift cards around the Holidays for easy gifts ( or how they can gift your services or products )
- Quick posing tips to look better in any photo
- Your top outfit picks for a mini session! ( Even if they don’t do a mini session, they may still find an outfit they love! )
- How to use their phone timer to take a family picture when no one is around to do it
If you are a wedding photographer – do a date night series! Once a month send an email out with a new date night idea that is unique and something your couples would love! Or send out gift-giving lists around the holidays – his and her list!
If you are a family photographer – during your monthly round-up email, send out a list of 2-3 upcoming events in your area that are perfect for your families to go to in order to have a family day together! Or during the holidays you could send a list of holiday traditions for families to enjoy!
GET CREATIVE Y’ALL!
As an educator –
- How you started your business
- Why you are passionate about the education service you offer
- A lesson you learned that will be an eye-opener for your ideal client
- Bust a myth you believe your audience thinks
- Give them tips on how to _____
- Your favorite business resources or current obsessions
- Share your routine
- What you wished you knew when you started your business
- Give them an inside look at something you do in your business
- Talk about a signature service or offer you have
Looking for more support with your email marketing? Grab my FREE guide HERE!